1) On Practice: A Guide to Practicing for Jazz Musicians: There are no licks or transcriptions here, just practical guidance regarding structuring time effectively based upon an understanding the various improvisational the processes. See ON PRACTICING v7
2) Practicing Tunes and Forms: How to memorise forms and generate harmony with detail. This method (informed by Lennie Tristano and Bill Evans) works with all standard songs, jazz repertoire and contemporary forms.
3) Chord-tone Improvisation and Enclosures for Improvisation: Practical steps in improvising with chord-tones.
4) Transcription: The rationale for transcription, dispelling a few myths and links to useful transcription resources – click here.
5) Garzone’s thing… triads, chromaticism and “randomnivity” – click here.
6) Linear Rhythm… manipulating the rhythmic aspect of line – click here.
7) Recommended Reading: Book-list of helpful publications for practice.
8) Videos, Broadcasts and Podcasts – Coltrane, Lester Young, a lesson with Joe Lovano, Marian McPartland’s Piano Jazz etc – click here.
9) Websites and Blogs – websites and blogs with high content re practice – click here.